Visitors! Events taken place (Part One...)

So, without further ado...

The visitors had just came into the hall, well, before that, the Kapa Haka group were beginning their powhiri, and with some of the student councillors leading them in, I think (and in case you were thinking, I wasn't one of them, I was standing by the side), I could only say the arrival of the visitors was truly not to forget. Although I was standing on the side with Mehi, friend (you probably already know that by now), I was getting a bit prepared for something that were to happen in a few minutes.

After the powhiri, the Kapa Haka group went off in a very neatly way. If only the whole class were like that. Haa...but, I had to focus on the main event at hand, the visitors. Me, Mehi, Ma'asi, and Cypress were told we could take a bite or two, mix and mingle with the visitors. Although, I was bad at that. Luckily, on my trusty side, Abraham Burnley was on to take over the course.

There was a short (thankfully) video demonstrating Learn, Create, Share. I remember that video. Mostly because I was in it, aha! But seriously, that was a close one. They didn't show the parts with the students speaking. Back then, 2012, coincidentally the first year for me with a netbook, I had an amazingly high-pitched voice and looked awfully small. Small, as in, the hair was different, the eyes, the smi...sorry, the actually event, sorry. It went for a small 2 minutes, before going onto a class site video, explaining the use of a class blog, and a reading site on the class site.

After that, it was the hot seat. Well, I wouldn't say "seat", but I would say it was standing. Hot standing. It did feel hot. Ne-vermind! Me, Cypress, Mehi, and Ma'asi were answering a few questions about learning. I still remember one of my answers, you know...
"Oh, wow, the internet. Heh, such a pain throughout the last few years. I-I-I mean, if I had a dollar for every time I had a problem with the internet, I'd be rich by now! Ha!"
 The questions were a bit hard, but we were such smart people, we all knew the answer. One question had us all thinking the same thing...
"Depends what college or high school you go to..."
 So, after the questioning, there were some more talk about making blogs and Google Drive, and before you know it, it's past eleven o'clock. Morning Tea. Luckily, we made it out in time, and with the thought of coincidental experiences happening everywhere I went, I could only say the obvious...

Bad things were to happen...

One of those bad things were Mehi bumping into a younger and smaller junior syndicate student.

Then Morning finished. And with Brandon "over-reacting" to Mehi's accident (because they practically hate each other, in a friendly way, you know what I mean?), it was time for the second part of what we were to do...

Be ambassadors.

Comments

Popular Posts

Perspectives on the Dawn Raids (Level One History Assignment #1)

GBW: Transcript

April 25th...