Aroha's Typical Day (Grammarnastics Task)


This is the grammarnastics task all to do about past tense and verbs. Or verbs used in past tense. The writing below shows present tense, and the task below shows my thinking and working around past tense. The blurb at the bottom is my create task, which is to make a paragraph about what I did yesterday. The past tense verbs were done by my friend Sulaiman.

I usually get up at 6 o’clock and have a shower. Then, I go for an early morning jog in the park. After that, I have a big breakfast and I drive my car to work which usually takes me half an hour. I start work at 8am. I eat cheese and crackers at interval. I never have lunch. I finish work at 4 o’clock. I’m always tired when I get home. I usually cook a meal in the evening and then watch TV. I don’t usually go out at night. I go to bed at about 10:30. I always sleep well.
Yesterday was a typical day for Jenny. Write what she did or didn’t do yesterday.
Highlight the verbs in the paragraph above.
Remember to change the verbs in to the past simple tense to answer the questions..
  1. She got up at 6 o’clock.
  2. She went for an early morning jog.
  3. She had a big breakfast.
  4. She drove her car to work.
  5. It took her half and hour to get to work.
  6. She started work at 8am.
  7. She ate cheese and crackers at interval.
  8. She never had  lunch.
  9. She finished work at 4 o’clock.
  10. She was tired when she arrived  home.
  11. She ate a meal yesterday evening.
  12. She watched TV.
  13. She didn’t get out last night.
  14. She slept well last night.
Create task.
What did you do yesterday? Write a short paragraph. Highlight all the past tense verbs.
I got up early in the morning. I brushed my teeth. After, I went to school. Ms Aireen taught maths and reading. I ate chips at Morning Tea. I then completed a survey after Morning Tea. I never ate my lunch. I was busy. I typed on my netbook and worked this task. I didn’t finish. A visitor came to the school. Actually, a lot of visitors came to the school. The one visitor came from Australia. The group of visitors came from Wairarapa. School finished. I walked home. I didn’t really get outside. I ate dinner. I finished off some more work. I slept through the night.

Comments

Popular Posts

Hercules Movie Evaluation Task - Movie Questions

GBW: Transcript

April 25th...